Thursday, January 13, 2011

A very colorful Le Placard





Our newest Le Placard comes from a fashionista who has an amazing collection of inspirational fashion photos as well as a knack for putting outfits together. After immediately falling in love with her blog and feeling inspired by her photos, we've asked her to be our next Le Placard feature! Meet Sherise and check out her blog URARAA here.


Name: Sherise
Location: Singapore
Occupation: Owner/Designer of Uraraa.com, an online clothing store that is about to be launched
Favorite Designer: Proenza Schouler, 3.1 Phillip Lim

How would you describe your style? Eclecctic, fun plus a hint of darkness

Where do you get your clothes? I have a whole sample rack of clothing that I'm getting made for my online store, I also started sewing some of my clothes(I made the 1st two dresses in the picture) and once in a while I'll get key pieces from high street shops like Topshop, Zara or Warehouse. I also really like Club Monaco because they have affordable, well tailored items. I really like jewellery as well, and will get a few statement necklaces, vintage rings and unique pieces from all over the place. I travel a lot as well so I'm lucky to get items from all over Hong Kong, Australia or the US.


The 1st two dresses I made in this photo are from fabrics I got in Los Angeles and the last dress is from my sample rack.

What is on your fashion wishlist at the moment?
As it's always summer here in Singapore, I wish very much that I could wear winter clothing here but it's just too impractical. I would love to have a vintage faux fur jacket or a cape but would only wear those when traveling to somewhere cold.
For right now, I'd like to add more bright separates à la Prada's Spring 2011 collection.




My wardrobe's a little bit messy, but I would say that I do have a natural preference for dresses, shirts, blazers and prints with a bit of black in it. I dont like anything too frilly and pretty, but if I did wear something frilly, I would probably tone it down with something more grungy like a lacey dress with a dull green boyfriend cardigan. I used to wear a lot of black and netural colours before but now I'm trying to liven up my colour palette!



I really love black strappy heels and nude coloured sandals - probably have too many of them.


The bracelet and bangles are previews of what's to come from my online store.


Thanks so much Sherise for sharing your colorful closet with us all the way from Singapore! We look forward to checking out your online store!

XOXO,

LP




Check our more of our friends' exotic Le Placards here.


If you are interested in having your closet featured on our site e-mail us at Laplacard@gmail.com

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie