Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fashion in Milan Shows Promise

As I was looking at Dolce and Gabbana's newest collection, I felt that I was watching a group of '50s housewives about to do some work at home. There were tons of florals and the cuts of the dresses and tops along with the high-waisted shorts really seemed based off of the past. One of the looks even had an apron and most of the models were wearing handkerchiefs. I do love the use of floral and platform heels with the big flowers attached to them.




Emilio Pucci's collection was breathtaking. His first look was so fierce I immediately knew that the rest of the collection would prove to be the same. The knee-high boots in the first picture below were in many of his looks in different fabrics and I fell in love. His pieces were scandalous but in an artful way with his cutout dresses and lace up fronts. I wish I could put his entire collection on here but I picked my five favorite looks (which was really hard!). I encourage you to see the rest of the collection.






Emilio Pucci


Alberta Ferretti's new collection is perfect for the modern day tree hugger (like myself). It looks like it belongs in a fairy tale in some far away forest. There were a lot of sheer pieces and a lot of lace and chiffon. Everything was very flowy and gorgeous and most of the dresses were floor length. This collection was just simply pretty.




Alberta Ferretti

I loved the animal and jungle prints for Trussardi 1911. This black and white leopard print dress would be amazing to wear for a night out on the town. I love the oversized bow that goes around the neck. For whatever reason I also liked the dress in the second picture below. I'm not sure if it's the cut or the fabric but something about it caught my eye.



Trussardi 1911


The collection for Just Cavalli was covered in crazy bright prints. I didn't notice any sort of tie that these patterns had together but just a mish mosh of different ones thrown together. Style.com reported that the show had a circus theme and from looking at all of their looks you would think they were dressed for a circus. I wouldn't really waste my time looking through the entire collection.


Just Cavalli

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie