Thursday, November 3, 2011

DIY: Fabric Cork Board





Supplies you will need: Cork (I used a medium thickness), picture frame (mine is a 16 x 20), 1 yard of fabric, scissors, measuring tape, sharpie, and a stapler.

1. Roll out your cork and measure out the width and length of your picture frame. Mark it with a sharpie. Mine was a 16" x 20"
2. Cut out the cork.
3. Put the fabric face down and lay the cork over it. Wrap the fabric around the cork and staple it into the cork. You can also use a staple gun but I think the staple might then poke through the other side.
4. Insert into picture frame and voilĂ  you have a cork board picture frame! I also suggest if you have a crease on your fabric to iron it or steam it before hand. I did not do that which is why there is a big line through mine. Hope you all enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I didn´t understand the DIY, may be I miss the last picture with the result. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!!!!
    i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! Great for jewellery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have ironed that fabric first. Your cork board has a crease in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie