Monday, November 8, 2010

Thrilla in Manilla: Le Placard de Mary Nicole

We sincerely apologize for the lack of posts this weekend dolls, we've just been so busy! To make up for it, we're bringing you this next Le Placard all the way from the Philippines!



Le Placard of Mary Nicole Torres of http://iammarynicole.tk/

Name: Mary Nicole Torres
Location: Manila, Philippines
Occupation: Art Student, Magazine Web Editor / Contributor
Favorite Quote: "I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Favorite Designer: Long live McQueen

How would you describe your style?
I believe my style is humble yet eclectic. I think it's majorly influenced
by my love for music and art. I like simple vintage pieces such as denim, lace
and leather paired with bold graphic or patterned prints. I either tend to
follow a color scheme when it comes to dressing up or just follow the mood of
some song stuck in my head. I am often indecisive and random when it comes on
choosing what to wear but I'm just glad to look pleasantly human every time I
step out of the house.

Where do you get your clothes?
Most of the time I get my clothes from bazaars because of all the good
bargains and one-of-a-kind designs they have. Plus, you could always haggle for
a lower price. I also get my clothes from retail stores at malls of course such
as Zara, Forever 21, Topshop, Mango, & Department stores. When I have the time,
I like to have clothes made or go shopping in vintage thrift stores. When I
don't have the time and I feel really stressed-out, I go online shopping for a
bit of retail therapy on Multiply or Facebook which I've noticed has become
really popular lately.

What is #1 on your fashion wish list at the moment?
I'm a sucker for good shoes! #1 on my fashion wishlist would be a pair of
black Jeffrey Campbell wedges!



"My room has two closets. A sliding mirror closet where I put all my belts, bags, blazers, jackets, coats and sweaters and a few of my shoes in. My second closet is where I put my tops and bottoms as well as dresses. I also have a shoe rack with a few of my favorite pairs placed inside my room. "



My Favorite Pieces come in two sets:
For Long Nights:
1. Betsey Johnson Bag from my last visit to the US
2. Urban Outfitters Backpack that I often use in school
3. Floral Corset from Coco Lingerie
4. Black Studded Leather Oxfords from Shoeology
5. Those Minnie Mouse ears were a Halloween present from my friend! Can't wait to use them for next year.






For Cool Sunny Days:
1. Studded Denim Jacket - Vintage
2. Lace Dress - Bazaar
3. Studded Denim Shorts - Vintage
4. Brown Ribbon Bag - Bazaar
5. Belts - Bazaar"











Thanks for letting us inside your closet Mary Nicole!!

You can check out more of our friend's closets here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie