Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A very new year Le Placard!

DOES


We've seen some pretty fabulous placards so far and we are very excited to share yet another amazing one with you today. Luckily for Mandy, she has a huge closet full of all of her fabulous fashion treasures inside and we got to take a peek at her favorite pieces! You can see Mandy's blog here and check out her boho chic style below!


Name:
Mandy (Amanda Holstein)

Location: San Francisco
Occupation: I'm a recent graduate who's currently teaching kindergarten, but am working on starting a career in fashion!
Favorite Designer: Betsey Johnson

How would you describe your style? Boho Chic. I love wearing laid back, hippie pieces but keeping them modern and polished. I try to be unique when I dress and interpret the trends in my own way. I also stick to what I like, even if it’s not on trend, because it’s important to keep the outfit looking me.

Where do you get your clothes? I shop at a lot of the same stores, like Urban Outfitters, H&M, Zara, and Forever 21. But I also live in a city with so many unique boutiques, vintage shops, and street fairs that it’s easy to find one-of-a-kind pieces as well. I do have to admit, I’m also an online shopper addict!

What is on your fashion wish list at the moment? I am dying for a classic yet interesting pair of sleek black booties. I would love some high-waisted flare jeans that scream the ‘70s as well as some easy breezy blouses to wear with my sparkly skirts for the winter!

About my closet: I love that my closet is colorful and there is such a mix of patterns and textures. I like to change how I organize my clothes every once in a while so I don’t forget about anything. Sometimes I’ll organize by color, by the type of place I would wear them, or by style genre (e.g. girly, hippie, polished, tomboy, etc.). I also try to hang as much as I can up in my closet rather than putting them in drawers so I can see everything easily and am always inspired!


Brown suede motorcycle jacket: I have been holding out for the perfect fall jacket (as seen in my "Gimme Now" post on my blog) and I finally found it on www.stylebymarina.com. It fits so well and gives you great shape with the subtle shoulder pads and the rich color. I also love how it's such a unique take on the classic motorcycle jacket and it's so me!


Olive green blouse: This shirt is from Urban Outfitters and it is one of the most versatile pieces I own. The color is very on trend and the shape allows you to wear it with jeans, leggings, or my favorite - a high-waisted skirt. It can be casual or dressy and I'll certainly be wearing it for quite a long time.


Free people patterned dress: I love this boho chic Free People dress! It gives anyone a great shape and is perfect for every season! The pattern is super unique and I love how flowy it is!


Copper sequin skirt: This amazingly sparkly J. Crew skirt is one of my most recent gems. I adore the deep copper color and I can't wait to wear it this Holiday season with a creamy blouse and my chestnut lace-up booties!


Thanks so much Mandy for sharing your fantastic closet with us!

XOXO,

LP




Check our more of our friends' exotic Le Placards here.


If you are interested in having your closet featured on our site e-mail us at Laplacard@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. oooh i could so use a skirt like that right now for new years!!

    www.chasedakota.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie