Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daily Inspirations

I've been staying at my parent's house while I've been in Chicago for a week and I just found this old piece of paper from one of my friends. I'm sure you've read it before but it made me smile.

Somewhere b e t w e e n the procrastination... and the homework and the incessant forwards... and the friendships... and the calls to each other complaining about crushes... Somewhere b e t w e e n the phone calls to old friends and the "I miss you"s the "I love you"s and the "What are we doing tonight"s and somewhere b e t w e e n all of the changing, growing... somewhere b e t w e e n the classes... and the skipping classes... and the studying for tests... and the pretending to study for tests... and down right NOT studying for tests... I forgot. I forgot what school was all about. Somewhere between all the appointments and Starbucks coffees, and Diet Mt. Dews... paying bills and then not paying bills... making plans then breaking plans... appearing, disappearing, then re-appearing... I forgot. I forgot what it was like to cry... I forgot that pretending to be happy doesn't make you happy and that pretending to be smart doesn't make you smart. I forgot that you can't just forget the past in fear of the future... I forgot that you can't control falling in love... and that you can't make yourself fall in love... I learned that I can love. I learned that it's okay to feel like crap... I learned it's okay to complain and whine to all your friends for a whole day. I learned that sometimes the things you want most you just can't have. I learned that the greatest thing about high school and college and the real world isn't the parties or the drinking or the hook-ups... It's the friendships which means taking chances... I learned that sometimes the things we want to forget are the things which we most need to talk about... I learned that time and love can heal all things... I learned that just when you think it can't get worse - it does... but with the love and support of friends---you survive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie