Monday, May 2, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow


I'm sure you all know by now that I have a penchant for anything rainbow (especially hair). Well it should come as no surprise that my absolute favorite pair of shoes in existence are the "rainbow" platform shoes designed by Salvatore Ferragamo in 1936 for actress Judy Garland. Last year, the still, family run brand, remade the shoes the 50th anniversary of Ferrgamo's death. Of course, they were only sold at limited boutiques, and even if I got my hands on a pair of them I am fairly certain that I would not be able to afford even 1/10th of the cost.



The original Ferragamo rainbow wedges, taken on a fashion pilgramage to The Ferragamo Headquarters in Florence, Italy




The Ferragamo remake ala 2010


But good news, La Placard's current obsession, shoe designer Jeffrey Campbell has recently created a t-strap remake of the colorful platforms just in time for summer! The best part is they're under $200.





If you're like me and can only lust after the originals, then buy these dreamy shoes here.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie