Sunday, October 10, 2010

All hail McQueen!


Sarah Burton after the SS11 show

I wasn't sure what to expect from the SS11 Alexander McQueen collection, the brand's first time debuting clothes without the iconic designer himself. However, I think that Alexander would be very proud of the latest collection designed by Sarah Burton, who until served as his 1st assistant since 1996.
In my opinion, Burton eloquently captured McQueen's legacy and penchant for the dramatic, while at the same time keeping her own sense of self. A feat that I imagine was not exactly easy giving her challenging role. The SS11 collection included whimsical dresses inspired by nature, from butterflies to feathers to a billowing field of black roses. Although I deeply miss my beloved king and his magnificent creations, I do have to say Bravo to Ms. Burton and her success in carrying on his truly unique legacy.

There were so many beautiful pieces that I could not show you all of my favorites.. I encourage you to check out the entire collection here.




We were also blown away by the unique woven hair at the show!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We just adore your comments and reading your blogs as well! We will follow all of you groovy babes back of course<3

Leave us some love/questions/links to your blogs

XO,

Elizabeth + Sylvie